Monday, December 19, 2005

A Tribute to Lakewood

(Yes, I'm sorry. This is a series of in-jokes that are funny to only me and two-ish people reading this. My apologies.)

The grassy knoll
High and Dry
I was saying Boo-urns
Snort!

Immediate dismissal, and
Starting something compotently (both things you can do on a beach)

Swea-ea-eat shirt. Redhooded Swea-ea-eat Shirt.
Hour-long search and rescue
I spy with my little eye... a tractor!
The one that wants to be with you
Ending Futures, Destroying Lives: Bakewood

Yes my old camp is going to be no more, because... well that's another rant for another day. I'm sure some chump in the Niagara region will make great use of the beach front property with fully accessible cabins and paved pathways. Such is life.

I suppose MY Lakewood era ended sometime ago, but it's kind of hard to wrap my head around it really being gone. I guess it's strangely appropriate right now...
Pre-emptive apologies to my friends at school who will now have to endure all of my old camp stories as part of my sulking.

I have been really touched by all of the amazing staff and campers I worked with in my four years at Lakewood. I miss so many of them and I often think about everyone and how they are doing. I guess all there is to say is...
Thanks for the day campers!

No comments: