Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wax On...

My story begins when I got home from work this afternoon at around 1:30pm. The weather was finally nice enough for shorts and I got this stupid stupid idea. I thought I would try to wax my legs.
Now I know there are many women perfectly capable of doing this. I am just not one of them. I was doing pretty well until I got to a patch just below my knee cap. I stuck the wax on and went to rip.... the wax however decided not to come along. Now this particular wax brand does not wash off with water. In fact applying water to the wax makes it MUCH worse. It comes with this comedically small vile of "Azulene Oil" which removes the excess wax. So I applied the oil and sure enough- the wax remained. A huge clump of it right in the middle of my leg. Well I sure used up the oil and the wax sure did stay there on my leg. I tried damn near everything to get this wax clump off of my knee. I scraped at it (making everything I scraped with unstickably sticky), I tried 3 kinds of soap, several skin lotions, shampoo (which, unlike wax, washes right out), conditioner, hydrogen peroxide, peaunut oil, Nair hair remover (seemed logical), and what finally removed the wax from my leg: 8spf Coppertone sun tan lotion. So anyways, you can add that to your "useful information for leg waxing" (I'm assuming that everyone with a Y chromosome stopped reading at the third sentence).

Anywho, the uber exciting thing these days is my trek up to Sudbury next Friday! Graduation, hoorah! I never thought I would be so excited to see the Super Stack... or Laurentian University. Thorneloe I'm always excited to see (well almost always), but even more so these days. Soon enough!

1 comment:

Phinneas Q Jacksmith said...

Sorry I didn't comment sooner, but I haven't stopped laughing since I read this.