Thursday, June 23, 2005

All About Me

Sort of like an email survey. But not quite as spammy...

I stole this information thingy from Luke's web site:

1. If you woke up tomorrow morning and you were the opposite gender, what would be the first thing you'd do?

Call all the gay guys I had super crushes on in high school.

2. If you could be invisible for a whole day, what would you do?

Take a free trip courtesy of Air Canada to Greece. Then I would perform a one woman rendition of Oedipus the King at the remainder of the Theatre of Dionysus.

(Luke-As far as sneaking into the US government buildings goes... remember that the American people have already elected Bush knowing full well that he's done all kinds of crazy lying crap that's been completely public)

3. If you could completely get rid of one fashion trend that you personally don't like, what would it be?

Capris pants. It's a shortlegged-person thing.

4. If you could dye your hair ANY colour, what colour would you choose?

At the moment I'm in a brown mood. I guess that's not very exciting. Maybe Orange.

5. If you could look like any celebrity, who would you choose and why?

Kate Winslet is my hero.

6. If you could spend one hour with ANYONE, (alive or dead) who would it be, and why?

Abraham Lincoln, John Kennedy, Joan of Arc, Ghandi, and Cleopatra. All in a high school... with a crazy principal and his mechanical butler.
My real answer is probably Shakespeare.

7. If you won a million dollars in the lottery, what would you do with the money?

After I finish paying back all of my debt to the bank, my credit cards, my mother and father and pay my tuition and living expenses for the duration of school... I think I'll donate the last $1000 to the STC.

8. If you could tell one person ANYTHING, what would it be, and who would it be?

Strange... this seems to be going on the assumption that this "one person" wouldn't be reading this blog, and thus defeats the significance of answering. Presumably if I could answer the question in blog format I would just be able to tell the person. Curious.

9. If you saw your favourite celebrity in the street, what would be your first reaction?

“Jon Stewart Leibowitz, will you marry me?" (he claimed that he dropped the Leibowitz because it sounded "too Hollywood")

10. If you could change your first name to anything you wanted, what would you change it to?

Jamie. I fricken love that Weezer song, I want it to be about me.

11. What's one feature of your appearance that you absolutely like?

I tan like it's nobody's business

12. If you were told today that you had only a month to live, what would be all the things you would do, or say before you died?

I would like to finish writing a play over the course of the month. Hopefully a half way decent one. Then I would like to get all of my "theatre friends" together to be in it and perform it for my family and other friends. Then have a cool cast party at my house... that someone else hosts :p

13. If you could change any part of your appearance, what would it be?

My attitude about my appearance.

14. If you had your own line of cosmetics, what would you call it, and what kind of products would you make?

"Acme Make-Up" It would all be oil-free and acne friendly. In fact I would chemically engineer it to cleanse pores while covering the face.
Maybe it's good that I got out of science.

15. If you had your own line of underwear, how would you design it?

I would make "old lady" extra-comfy cotton underwear with the word "COMMANDO" written across the front.

16. If you could have one super power, what would it be?

To read minds.

17. If you had the choice would you rather be Marilyn Monroe for a day,or Madonna?

Marilyn Monroe. But back in her day. JFK was fricken hot.

18. Do you believe your dreams have significance?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar... but when they're in my dreams it's usually a phallic symbol.

19. Total number of films I own on DVD/video --

36- Of which 8 are movies I've stolen from Joe and pretend that they are mine

20. The last film I bought

Dr Strangelove. That is so depressing. I bought it over a year ago and it was with a gift certificate for my birthday.

21. Last film I watched at home -

Plan 9 from Outer Space!!

22. Six films I watch a lot or mean a lot to me

...I have stolen half of these from other people's lists:

Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail- I say Grail over Life of Brian because while they are about even on a comedic level the QFTHG is by far the funniest non-satirical movie of all time. It's just much weirder and more random. Graham Chapman's acting is totally brilliant in it too.

on a more profound level:
American Beauty- I haven't learned a lot in this world yet, but one thing I've definatly picked up on: If you can't find beauty in something ordinary you won't be able to find it in anything really extraordinary either.

Closer- This is such an intense movie. One cannot watch this movie and not look at their own life and their own relationships with people and examine their interactions differently.

The Fisher King- This is just a really touching film about life and love. I think it says a lot of very "cliched" but ultimately meaningful things with out beating you over the head senseless with its moral.

Pleasantville- This on the other hand beats you totally senseless with its moral. I just really like what it has to say. I always think it's worth the risk to live in Technicolour :P

Adaptation- This is another one that's sort of about living in Technicolour. There's actually totally a running theme here I've never noticed before. Weird.

Runners-Up include: Magnolia, Contact, My Left Foot, The Cider House Rules, Big Fish and South Park: Bigger Longer and UnCut

23. Tag 5 people and have them answer these questions on their blog

Much like Luke I am too lazy to send this around, if you want your own go to Luke's page or Andrew's.

1 comment:

Phinneas Q Jacksmith said...

Nice new look to the place. They say green is soothing. But they also say that milk gives you cancer, so I don't know what to believe.

DAMN "THEY!"