Thursday, March 16, 2006

I've been drinking.... but not that much... so here's what I think

I run the lights for the funnest play ever. Nay, the BEST play ever. So excellent a play that is to any other play, hyperion to a satyr.

Man it's amazing how nearly a month's worth of (near) mental collapse feels so completely worth it right this second now. When I'm waking up at 6:30 to get the bus to Thorneloe early to scrub the stage floor that everyone's just going to muck up with their shoes anyways, I wonder "Why in heaven's name am I doing this?", but then I see from the lighting booth my friends... Luke, Steph and Andrew especially, acting their hearts out and really creating art. Tonight is the night when it all feels worth it, and I remember why I love theatre so much.

I will never forget this production. If you are reading this and have not already, please come and see this play, it is amazing.
They are the best actors in the world, either for tragedy, comedy, history, pastoral, pastorical-comical...

No comments: