Monday, March 20, 2006

Kind of like writing a Shakespeare essay...

Lovingly stolen from someone I know quite well.

Here are the rules:

Get an iPod, media player, mix CD, or anything else that randomly selects songs for you. Answer these questions based on the songs that come out of them. What do these songs tell you about yourself?

This is the strangest mix of completely ridiculous and disturbingly accurate songs for these questions.

How does the world see me?
Song: White Moon
Artist: The White Stripes
Comments: Apparently much like Rita Hayworth. This would bode well for my acting career, but I understand she was shy when she was not acting.

Will I have a happy life?
Song: Human Behaviour
Artist: Bjork
Comments: Elusive. Pretty accuarte about my current state of happiness. People can drive me nuts sometimes, but oh to get involved in the exchange of human emotion...

What do my friends really think of me?
Song: The Muppet Show Theme
Artist: The Muppets
Comments: I almost clicked for the next song after laughing a little that this one even came up. But hey- we all share the same dream, and that makes us kind of like a family

Do people secretly lust after me?
Song: Someday You Will Be Loved
Artist: Death Cab for Cutie
Comments: heh... yeah... stupid quiz-thingy thinks it's so smart...

How can I make myself happy?

Song: Isobel
Artist: Bjork
Comments: The answer is pretty much what I thought: a blacklight puppet show.

What should I do with my life?
Song: Eskimo
Artist: Damien Rice
Comments: Clearly I'm going to live in an igloo and ice-fish.

Why is life full of so much pain?
Song: You Talk Way Too Much
Artist: The Strokes
Comments: As guilty as I am of this, people would probably be a lot happier if we listened to each other a lot more, and talked a lot less.

How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
Song: Thank You Jack White For The Fiber-Optic Jesus That you Gave Me
Artist: The Flaming Lips
Comments: I... um... why... I guess a fiber-optic Jesus. Or Jack White.

Will I ever have children?
Song: Cinders and Smoke
Artist: Iron and Wine
Comments: Perhaps I won't have children but I'll be like a parent looking after someone else's kids.

Will I die happy?
Song: Brian Wilson (live)
Artist: The Barenaked Ladies
Comments: Evidently not.

What is some good advice for me?

Song: With God on Our Side
Artist: Bob Dylan
Comments: God's not on your side. And the US isn't always right.

What is happiness?

Song: In My Life
Artist: The Beatles
Comments: Being happy where you are when you're there, but never forgetting what meant a lot to you in your past.

What is my favourite fetish?
Song: Purple Haze
Artist: Jimi Hendrix
Comments: Well, he did have long hair and played the guitar!

How will I be remembered?

Song: Who Are You?
Artist: The Who
Comments: ... this quiz thingy is over.

1 comment:

Phinneas Q Jacksmith said...

This is fantastic.

"Laughing time is over!"