Monday, June 19, 2006

Heart of Darkness

Let's be clear, I'm not anti-soldier. But let's get philisophical for a moment:

"3 U.S. soldiers charged with killing of Iraqis"

I don't even know where to start...

Monty Pyhton's Meaning of Life

Eric Idle: Better than staying at home, eh sir! At
home if you kill someone they arrest you. Here they give you
a gun, and show you what to do, sir. I mean, I killed fifteen
of those buggers sir! Now at home they'd hang me. *Here* they
give me a fucking medal sir!


I'm sorry but when you send thousands of soliders out into the desert with guns and tell them to drop bombs and shoot "evil doers", leave them out there for 3 years while 2500 of them get killed, and cause at least 38,475 casualties as a result of the war... well geez, what a shock, they killed people! Who could have guessed? If only there was some kind of recent historical event that could have warned us that this kind of stuff would happen...
"This isn't Vietnam"

You're right guys. It's worse.


****

A funny story: So I typoed earlier, as anyone who followed the link would have noticed. I love that on any other political blog I would have been bombarded by angry/offensive comments about my "ignorance". Instead I was politely emailed and alerted to my mistake. Sigh. Thanks Joe ;)

No comments: