Friday, April 20, 2007

0 Frames per Second

I am off to the camera repair shop (Black's) because I cannot retrieve my photos from Montreal or the rest of my trip. I am fairly certain that my camera or memory card has malfunctioned and erased the entire trip. Bah humbug. Thus I cannot leave you with any lovely pictures or movies of my adventure :(
The good news is that you have yet another opportunity to acquire free booze from yours truly. This time around I'm giving away rum, and I'm at the Algonquin road LCBO from 4 to 8 tonight.



**************************


Also of interest:


"It is widely accepted that in 1971, a group of teenagers at San Rafael High School in San Rafael, California, calling themselves "The Waldos", used to meet every day after school at 4:20 p.m. to smoke marijuana at the Louis Pasteur statue. The term became part of their group's salute, "420 Louis," and it eventually caught on more widely. Many cannabis users continue to observe 4:20 as a time to smoke communally. By extension April 20 ("4/20" in U.S. dating shorthand) has evolved into a counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume cannabis.

There are also many apocryphal urban legends attempting to explain the origin of the term. Two of the most common of these are that 420 refers to the number of active ingredients in cannabis (in actuality, there are around 315 active chemicals in cannabis, varying depending on the exact plant used), or that it is a police dispatch code related to cannabis. The San Francisco Police Department use "420" as a dispatch code for juvenile disturbances,and while this explains the origin of the urban legend, does not account for the origin of the term."
- (Wikipedia)

No comments: