Thursday, April 26, 2007

In case you didn't get the email

Hello All,

This year's summer Shakespeare (or "Shakespeare on the Grass" as I believe it is called), will be As You Like It. This is a casting call! I will be holding auditions next Monday and Tuesday. They are cold reads (so don't try to memorize a two page soliloquy between now and then). Please let me know if you can't make it and still want to be involved, I understand that this is very short notice.

Here's the skinny: Rehearsals will be from 6-9 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I will likely add some Sunday evening rehearsals closer to the show (transportation permitting). This will make the rehearsal process intense as the show will go on as is tradition on the final full weekend of June. The dates are June 21-24. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. That's seven weeks people, but we CAN and WILL do it and it will be awesome!

I'm looking for 6 males and 4 females who are committed, hard working, love to act and have a decent grasp of classical text. Don't sweat the auditions. All I'm looking for is if you can read Shakespeare and take direction.

Please forward this on to everyone you think will be interested. Post it on Facebook and your blogs. I will be thankful.

Hope to see as many people out as possible, and if anyone is interested in SMing for a Theatre Practicum, please let me know ASAP. Also you can use an acting role as a Practicum as well.


Lots of love,

Liz

No comments: